Marketing Intern Profile
A-Better-Africa-With-Tech (ABAWT) is a young, impact-driven team with a vision to build and activate a global ecosystem of like-minded individuals bound by the aspiration to collaborate within the African tech ecosystems.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about building a community of entrepreneurs and professionals that are using technology as a lever for impact. You'll be joining a talented and distributed team from around the world who continually connect amazing #goaldiggers and #changemakers Africa-wide and beyond.
What You'll Be Doing
- Helping build out and improve communication within our community of tech savvy professionals and entrepreneurs
- Promoting our monthly expert panels with topic-relevant speakers (check out our YouTube channel below to learn more about these)
- Tracking, analysing and shaping our social media strategy
- Drafting copy for our social media channels and ensuring it gets seen by the right people, at the right time, on the right platform
- Supporting content creation for the monthly Newsletter
- Writing articles, blog posts and email campaigns and/or helping build up a community of blog contributors
- Helping us shape the ABAWT storytelling
- Helping out with video content creation
- You prefer communicating in English (non-native with perfect English works)
- You have some experience in Digital Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or something along those lines
- You’re creative
- The African Tech and Start-Up Industry isn't foreign to you (not a must, but very beneficial)
- You love execution, just like we do and have a positive can-do mentality
- You feel comfortable as a calculated improviser
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself
- You’re a self-sufficient team player
- You’re passionate about storytelling
- You’re available at least once a week
What's In It For You
- Being instrumental in driving real change via our community across Africa
- A close-knit team with experts from various disciplines
- Mentorship by our experienced leadership team
- Remote work
- A fun, driven, and an ambitious team willing to give their all for outstanding impact
We love diversity and welcome people from all backgrounds and identities. Join us in shaping the future of an impactful international community shaping Africa’s future.
We'll pay special attention to your cover letter! Please also send us some examples of your writing/social media to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to meeting you!